McCutchen Overland Inn

Overland Inn

Col. Joseph McCutchen built the McCutchen Overland Inn Museum, located in McCutchenville, Ohio, in 1829. The structure served as a stagecoach stop on the Harrison Trail. This trail was formerly an Indian Trail that extended from the Scioto River at Columbus, Ohio and continued north to Lake Erie. General William Henry Harrison expanded the trail in order to accomodate his troops during the War of 1812.

 

The Inn later served as a hotel and an apartment building. By the time it was purchased by the Wyandot County Historical Society in 1964, the Inn had fallen into disrepair. It took three years for community volunteers to restore the building to its stagecoach days. The McCutchen Overland Inn Museum was dedicated as a stagecoach museum in 1967. It is one of only two original stagecoach inns remaining in the state of Ohio.

 

To read more, click here

Hours: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM

Saturday & Sunday

Other Days & Times by Appointment

Open May - September

McCutchen Overland Inn

283 State Highway 53 North

McCutchenville, Ohio 44844

(419) 981-2052

© 2016 Wyandot County Visitors' Bureau proudly created with Wix.com

Call us:

(419) 294-3556

Find us: 

108 E. Wyandot Avenue, Upper Sandusky, OH 43351